Back to Meeting the Needs of Second Language Learners: An Educator's Guide (EBOOK)
Cut through the confusion and controversy surrounding the teaching of students in a multilingual society, and set a sound course for your second language development program with the principles and advice from this book. Explore the challenges and triumphs of helping second language learners succeed:
- Why understanding the differences between additive and subtractive bilingualism is critical.
- Which qualities to look for in a good bilingual teacher.
- How primary language instruction supports academic success.
- Why the term immersion is commonly misunderstood and misused.
- What bilingual program models are commonly used.
Get up-to-date on the key issues of educating students in a multilingual society. (ASCD E-Book, 2003) Downloadable PDF File.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only.
Print edition: The print edition of this title (ISBN 9780871207593) is NOT available direct from ASCD; it may be purchased through booksellers that work with Ingram’s Lightning Source distribution system, including most major retailers.