Back to What Every School Leader Needs to Know About RTI
These days, Response to Intervention (RTI) is everywhere, and there are lots of claims about what RTI is and how to do it. At last, here’s a book that helps you cut through the quackery and ensure that your approach to RTI represents the very best of what is known about assessment, instruction, and intervention. Author Margaret Searle provides you with a school-proven RTI framework and puts you on a foundation of sound advice, including
- Why RTI doesn’t mean starting over from scratch on your school improvement effort.
- How to ensure your approach to RTI is student-centered.
- What RTI looks like when done well.
- How to minimize the overuse of costly Tier 2 and Tier 3 interventions.
As Searle guides you through the steps of setting up multiple assessments, analyzing performance data, and responding to learning problems with a three-tier intervention, she imparts countless tips along the way, including
- Six steps to take when you don’t know why students aren’t learning.
- Four coordinator roles that are required for successful RTI implementation.
- Three types of assessment tools you need in a quality RTI approach.
- Six areas of prevention every RTI approach should include.
(ASCD book, 2010) 7" x 9", 200 pages. Also available as an E-Book!