Back to Protocols for Professional Learning (The Professional Learning Community Series)
Once you understand the rationale for a Professional Learning Community and know the steps to setting one up, you still need some really good plans for how to use your PLC to explore topics and solve problems. That’s where this handy guide comes in with 16 different protocols for facilitating PLC conversations and activities. Whether the purpose of your PLC is to examine student work, explore instructional practice, address problems, or engage your colleagues in discussion, each protocol includes everything you need to ensure results:
- Group structures and processes that ensure deep exploration of ideas.
- Conversation guidelines that ensure dialogue is safe and effective.
- Facilitated steps with suggested time allotments.
- Questions, rubrics, and tools for evaluating the effects of your PLC.
- Tips for helping a PLC facilitator plan for and carry out a great meeting.
(ASCD PLC Series book, 2009) 8 1/2" X 11", 70 pages. Also available as an E-Book!
Related Resources: Sample Chapters