Back to Qualities of Effective Principals, 2nd Edition
What does it take to be a good school principal? No two principals work exactly the same way, but research shows that effective principals focus on a core set of factors critical to fostering success among all students.
In this second edition of Qualities of Effective Principals, James H. Stronge and Xianxuan Xu delineate these factors and show principals how to successfully balance the needs and priorities of their schools while continuously developing and refining their leadership skills. Throughout the book, the authors provide practical tools and extensive research that will help principals
- Assess, exhibit, and harness instructional leadership to meet a school’s goals.
- Foster and sustain an effective school climate for learning.
- Select, support, and retain high-quality teachers and staff.
- Manage school resources effectively and efficiently.
- Create, maintain, and strengthen internal and external community relationships.
- Define their role in student achievement.
This book also includes practical skills checklists, along with quality indicators and red flags for effective leadership. Qualities of Effective Principals, 2nd Edition
, is an excellent resource for both experienced and new principals committed to developing and leading strong schools that help all students succeed.
(ASCD book, 2021) 7" x 10", 330 pages