Back to Taking Charge of Professional Development: A Practical Model for Your School
Overcome budget cuts, lack of leadership, top-down mandates, and other obstacles to professional development by using this book’s take-charge approach. Joseph H. Semadeni guides you through a systemic method to professional development that
- Motivates teachers to continuously learn and apply best practices.
- Makes adult learning activities as convenient as possible.
- Eliminates the costs of expensive outside consultants and off-site meetings.
- Rewards teachers financially for the mastery of best practices.
- Ensures someone with expertise within the school is always available to provide additional training and support.
Learn how to combine three key elements—time, a motivational system, and teacher leadership—to generate a high-energy schoolwide improvement effort focused on
- Using professional learning communities to foster positive interpersonal relationships among staff members.
- Increasing academic rigor through the use of formative assessment, goal setting, and consistent student interventions.
- Making learning more relevant to students by improving classroom curriculum and instruction.
(ASCD book, 2009) 6" x 9", 172 pages. Also available as an E-Book!