Back to Professional Development for Differentiating Instruction: An ASCD Action Tool
Written by a leading expert on differentiated instruction, this resource contains more than 45 tools and activities that make it easier for staff developers, teacher leaders, and other professional development leaders to show teachers and administrators how to successfully implement and maintain differentiated instruction. Use these tools in workshops, professional learning communities, and small-group settings with participants to
- Establish a learning environment that is welcoming to educators at all levels of experience and expertise.
- Plan staff development activities that model differentiated instruction.
- Group teachers flexibly for their learning experiences.
- Increase your colleagues’ capacity to use differentiated practices.
- Use ongoing assessment to guide your staff development.
All tools and activities are also available for download with additional online-only tools. (ASCD action tool, 2009) 288 pages.