Back to Transformative Assessment in Action: An Inside look at Applying the Process (EBOOK)
Since ASCD’s definitive guide to formative assessment Transformative Assessment
clarified formative assessment’s power to transform teaching and learning, the book’s author W. James Popham has helped hundreds of educators in all kinds of schools turn formative assessment theory into everyday practice. Now you can benefit from his approach to implementing formative assessment in all grades and subjects. Instead of focusing on checklists and data-gathering techniques, Popham explains how to take on what really matters most in the formative assessment process, including
- What kinds of assessment tools to use in your instruction.
- When and how often to collect evidence of student learning.
- Which items and how many to include in an assessment.
- What level of student performance should trigger an instructional adjustment.
- How to help students self-assess and report their understandings more honestly.
- How to adjust instruction, learning tactics, or classroom climate.
- How to use formative assessment to prepare students for standardized tests.
Teacher comments bolster the author’s advice with clear illustrations of the kind of thinking and planning that ensures you teach more effectively.Please note:
(ASCD E-Book, 2011) Downloadable PDF file.
This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this book, please click here