Back to Strengthening and Enriching Your Professional Learning Community: The Art of Learning Together (EBOOK)
Whether you’re an old hand at professional learning communities (PLC) or just starting out, you know that PLCs don’t succeed on their own. They need a supportive environment, an effective structure and process, and a plan for study, sharing, analysis, and action. Here’s a book that ensures you provide your PLC all that and more. Drawing from their 20-plus years of research and collaborations with schools of all kinds, the authors explain how to use the Process Learning Circle method to ensure your PLC advances the type of teacher learning that is essential to improving student achievement. Throughout their step-by-step guidance in how to make your PLC the very best it can be, they describe
- Laying the groundwork for great professional development.
- Establishing an environment that ensures your PLC will flourish.
- Creating and conducting Process Learning Circles.
- Balancing individual differences and group dynamics.
- Adhering to the principles of effective group process.
Examples from schools that have implemented Process Learning Circles provide evidence of the method’s success. (ASCD E-Book, 2010) Downloadable PDF file.
Please note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this book, please click here.