Back to Educators as Learners: Creating a Professional Learning Community in Your School
If you're ever responsible for leading a school committee or a districtwide effort, here's an indispensable guide for developing teamwork, commitment, and a shared responsibility for success. Discover practical, field-tested insights and approaches to try in your next group experience:
- Key stages of the collaborative learning process;
- Leadership qualities that are essential to collaboration;
- Group practices and norms that support collaborative learning;
- Activites that uncover the diversity among group members and develop a trusting atmosphere; and
- Tools and methods for helping groups articulate a core purpose, identify their visions for success, and assess current realities that may affect a decision.
Also included are plans and strategies for developing ongoing staff development programs.
(ASCD book, 2000) 8" x 10", 128 pages.
Also available as an eBook!