Back to Researching in a Digital World: How do I teach my
If you ever send students to the Internet to do research, then you need this quick read on how to prepare them to get the best—and the most—from the experience. Erik Palmer takes you through the process and steps of high-quality online research, offering practical ideas and valuable insights to share with your students, no matter what grade level you teach. Included are specific lessons you can use right away to ensure your students
- Understand the online environment and what the Internet is.
- Search smarter and more efficiently
- Effectively evaluate websites for credibility.
- Think more critically about the information they find online.
- Cite sources correctly and avoid plagiarism and copyright violations.
Even if you teach young children, this guide makes sure you never send them online unprepared again.
(ASCD E-Book, 2014) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.