Back to 17,000 Classroom Visits Can’t Be Wrong: Strategies That Engage Students, Promote Active Learning, and Boost Achievement EBOOK
Since all teachers can benefit from visiting other classrooms and seeing what worked and what didn't, imagine how much you'd learn from thousands of visits. But you don't have to do that because here's a book that has distilled lessons from more than 17,000 classroom visits into immediately useful teaching practices that can be used with students in every grade level and subject area. Authors John V. Antonetti and James R. Garver draw from their vast set of data to explain
- Why it’s necessary to shift the classroom dynamic from teaching to learning.
- How to use research-based teaching strategies so students are doing the "work."
- What kinds of activities truly engage students in worthwhile, rigorous thinking.
- When your efforts to differentiate are genuinely being responsive to students' needs and interests.
- How to use student feedback and classroom assessments to advance the learning process.
This is also an excellent guide for school leaders and teacher coaches who want a tried-and-true model for classroom walkthroughs that will open teachers' eyes to the strengths and weaknesses of their classroom practices.
(ASCD E-Book, 2014) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.