Back to Differentiation in Middle and High School: Strategies to Engage All Learners EBOOK
Academic pressures, time constraints, and the diverse needs of teenagers can make it tough to differentiate instruction in the middle and high school grades. But you can overcome those challenges and create learning pathways for all students with this book. The authors, two veteran practitioners, draw on their expertise and years of collaboration with teachers in the field to explain how to
- Create a healthy classroom community that embraces students' unique qualities.
- Translate curriculum into learning goals that are fit to be differentiated.
- Uncover students' learning needs and interests and tailor tasks accordingly.
- Engage all students in learning, regardless of their background, native language, learning style, motivation, or readiness.
- Design differentiated assessment tasks that promote transfer.
Every strategy included in this comprehensive resource is bolstered with practical tools, templates, and classroom tasks to help make the authors' advice immediately actionable.
(ASCD E-Book, 2015) Downloadable PDF file.