Back to The Differentiated School: Making Revolutionary Changes in Teaching and Learning DVD
Reinforce the concepts and strategies introduced in ASCD’s best-selling book The Differentiated School
with this professional development DVD. Video scenes from three large urban schools show how educators can transform a school into an environment where differentiation is an institutionalized practice. Hear leaders from each of these schools reinforce
- How to develop a shared mission and vision with faculty and staff.
- Specific steps that administrators take as they lead for change.
- Strategies for implementing a Differentiated Instruction initiative.
- Monitoring and evaluating to ensure success.
See how principals, staff developers, and other school leaders navigate the difficult process of implementing differentiated instruction, from setting the stage and identifying goals, to organizing supportive professional development for teachers, to monitoring and evaluating the change effort. Throughout the program, educators share many tips that have helped their school improvement efforts succeed, including
- The principal’s role as the architect of change.
- Getting the buy in of all faculty and staff.
- Best ways to support teachers through professional development that is differentiated and focused on high-quality curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
Included on the DVD are professional development resources to ensure that leaders can quickly and easily develop an action plan to support their change initiative when implementing differentiated instruction.
(ASCD DVD, 2009) One 60-minute DVD with additional professional development resources.