* 2016 REVERE Awards Finalist, Professional Resources category.
Leading a school building or district toward differentiated instruction can be an overwhelming task unless you break it down into clear stages and specific actions. Here’s a book that does that for you and equips you with tested and validated guiding principles to shift the thinking and habits of teachers so that differentiation will thrive. World-renowned differentiated instruction expert Carol Ann Tomlinson and change leadership authority Michael Murphy provide insights, real-world examples, and tools that will help you
(ASCD book, 2015) 7 7/8” x 9 7/8”, 176 pages
- Make a convincing case for why responsive teaching is a necessary and practical goal.
- Create a change plan and a manageable year-by-year process based on an agreed-upon vision for differentiation in your school.
- Conduct job-embedded professional development that is supportive of teachers’ differing needs and emerging levels of expertise and respectful of natural resistance to change.
- Gauge the impact differentiation is having on student learning and make adjustments for greater success.
Browse the table of contents and read free excerpts: