Back to Questioning for Classroom Discussion: Purposeful Speaking, Engaged Listening, Deep Thinking EBOOK
Meet the challenge of planning for and facilitating classroom discussions that fulfill the English language arts (ELA) and literacy standards for speaking and listening. In this practical guide, best-selling authors Jackie Acree Walsh and Beth Dankert Sattes offer numerous strategies and tips to help you engage students in thoughtful and respectful discourse with their peers by focusing on the use of quality questioning techniques. The book includes
- Guidelines for developing powerful questions for discussion.
- Concrete classroom examples of questioning and discussion techniques.
- Habits of mind necessary to support questioning and discussion.
- Teaching strategies for developing students' discussion skills and protocols for classroom discussion models.
- Tips to help you keep discussions focused and student thinking sustained.
The authors’ advice and strategies support instruction that is aligned to ELA standards for speaking and listening and to Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching.
(ASCD E-Book, 2014) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.