Author David F. Bateman and coauthor Jenifer L. Cline clearly define what general education teachers need to know about special education law and processes and provide a guide to instructional best practices for the inclusive classroom.
Learn authors’ insights on
- Pre-referral, referral, and evaluation processes
- Individualized education programs (IEPs) and the parties involved
- Other students who require accommodations, including those covered by Section 504
- Transition from preK to K–12 and from high school to postschool life
- Classroom management and student behavior
- Service delivery options
- Assessment, grades, graduation, and diplomas
Includes practical examples, action steps, and appendixes covering key terms and definitions that will provide the foundation you need to successfully instruct and support students with disabilities.
(ASCD book, 2016) 7" x 10", 190 pages