Author David F. Bateman and coauthor Jenifer L. Cline clearly define what general education teachers need to know about special education law and processes and provide a guide to instructional best practices for the inclusive classroom.
Learn authors’ insights on
- Pre-referral, referral, and evaluation processes
- Individualized education programs (IEPs) and the parties involved
- Other students who require accommodations, including those covered by Section 504
- Transition from preK to K–12 and from high school to postschool life
- Classroom management and student behavior
- Service delivery options
- Assessment, grades, graduation, and diplomas
Includes practical examples, action steps, and appendixes covering key terms and definitions that will provide the foundation you need to successfully instruct and support students with disabilities.
(ASCD E-Book, 2016) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.