Every educator who has wondered what to do about the factors outside of school that can contribute to decreased academic success will value this book’s clear advice and concrete examples. Discover why children are coming to school less developmentally ready to learn than ever before. Explore how schools counter the effects of poverty, inadequate medical practices, and media bombardment. And, learn breakthrough approaches to help students at risk for failure, before it’s too late. Expert educators describe proven ways to help children find success in school through
(ASCD E-Book, 2001) Downloadable PDF File. Note:
- Focusing reading and math instruction on what really matters.
- Improving ways to identify and respond to learning disabilities.
- Developing better support teams that draw from the combined talents of teachers, counselors, and parents.
- Creating effective early intervention programs that ensure academic success.
- Stories and case studies from actual schools help you clearly see how to implement an effective failure prevention program.
This is an electronic product, available for download only.
Print edition: The print edition of this title (ISBN 9780871205100) is NOT available direct from ASCD; it may be purchased through booksellers that work with Ingram’s Lightning Source distribution system, including most major retailers.
Related Resources:Sample Chapters