Back to Student Achievement Through Staff Development, 3rd Edition (EBOOK)
Here’s a book that erases--forever--any doubt that better staff development can lead to higher student achievement and spells out which kinds of professional development are most apt to produce substantial gains in student learning, in relatively short periods of time.
Using detailed case studies and extensive research evidence, this updated third edition of a classic work explains
- How to identify the needs for staff development and determine the content.
- What roles teachers and administrators play in evaluating staff development needs and deciding priorities.
- Which skills, understandings, and characteristics help teachers learn new practices.
- How to monitor the implementation of new teaching practices and evaluate their impact on student learning.
- What type of leadership practices ensure that staff development efforts succeed.
(ASCD E-Book, 2002) Downloadable PDF File.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here.