Back to Effective Teacher Hiring: A Guide to Getting the Best (EBOOK)
To get the very best teachers for your school or district, you have to hire the best. Unfortunately, most educators have had very little—if any—training in how to screen potential employees and ensure that only the best available candidates are ultimately chosen.
Here’s a guide with all of the steps and strategies you need, including
- Six principles of good teacher hiring.
- Basics of creating a selection committee and ensuring a broad diversity of candidates.
- Stages of the screening process.
- Sample recruitment flyers, contracts, and interview questions.
- Legal issues related to hiring.
An innovative teacher selection framework provides for checks and balances at every turn and guarantees students and parents a voice in the process. The framework is flexible enough to use in school systems large or small.
(ASCD E-Book, 2002) Downloadable PDF File.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only.