Back to Accountability for Learning: How Teachers and School Leaders Can Take Charge (EBOOK)
Imagine a school district where 100 percent of the students meet state benchmarks in writing, where discipline actions drop by 15 percent, and where school leaders erase the influence of poverty on achievement. Citing real-world examples like these, Douglas Reeves explains how schools are turning accountability mandates into positive opportunities to improve student learning. Discover principles and practices that transform accountability into comprehensive school improvement:
- What key elements make accountability truly student-centered.
- Why to balance effect variables, such as test scores, with cause variables, such as teaching practices.
- How to motivate teachers to lead accountability efforts.
- Which leadership imperatives ensure that accountability improves student achievement, even in the lowest-performing schools.
- Included is a sample Accountability System that describes data indicators and tools for developing and implementing your plan.
(ASCD E-Book, 2004) Downloadable PDF File.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here.