Back to Handbook for Qualities of Effective Teachers (EBOOK)
This companion to the ASCD best-selling Qualities of Effective Teachers, 2nd Edition
makes it much easier to implement a staff development, teacher education, or self-help program to improve the six research-based teacher qualities that are most apt to raise student achievement.
Use the dozens of assessments, observation guides, planning tools, and other resources to
- Strengthen teachers' verbal abilities, content knowledge, and instructional theory.
- Help teachers reflect on their enthusiasm for learning, their attitude toward teaching, and their interactions with students.
- Guide teachers in their classroom management and organizational skills.
- Help teachers plan instruction that maximizes teaching time and provides students with more opportunities for learning.
- Focus teachers on implementing research-based instructional strategies that communicate high expectations to students, challenge their thinking skills, and increase engagement in schoolwork.
- Assist teachers in monitoring student progress, using homework, and providing students with effective feedback and assistance based on their abilities.
Real-life teacher scenarios, research summaries, and focusing questions help bring the teacher qualities to life and provide an in-depth understanding of the aspects of a teacher's job that yield gains in student learning.
(ASCD E-Book, 2004) Downloadable PDF File.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here.