Every teacher who chairs a department, leads a committee, manages a team, coordinates a program, or mentors other teachers needs this hands-on resource to accomplish basic leadership tasks with speed and precision.
Filled with tips and how-to's that are left out of most teacher education courses and inservice programs, the guide covers formal and informal tasks that teacher leaders at every grade level are expected to know but rarely do, such as
- Building and maintaining successful teams.
- Planning and conducting results-oriented meetings, interviews, and conferences.
- Communicating effectively with fellow teachers, dealing with disagreements, and turning resistance into cooperation.
- Energizing colleagues and strengthening school morale.
- Observing and coaching other teachers.
- Implementing curricular and instructional reforms that lead to higher student achievement.
Sample meeting agendas, letters, surveys, tip sheets, and other readymade tools make it easy to use this book's strategies and guidelines right away.
(ASCD E-Book, 2005) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here.