Back to The Essentials of Mathematics K-6: Effective Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (Priorities in Practice series) (EBOOK)
Using national and state standards to guide your math program is just a start. You still have to decide how to apply the standards in your curriculum, determine when students should learn different content, and decide which programs and textbooks will help you make math come alive in the classroom. That's where this new ASCD resource comes in.
Priorities in Practice: The Essentials of Mathematics K-6 explores how educators--from classroom teachers to central office administrators--are tackling these major challenges in math education:
- Emphasizing algebraic thinking, problem solving, and communication
- Relying on research to guide the implementation of new teaching practices
- Connecting math activities to larger purposes and everyday experiences
- Differentiating instruction based on students' learning styles, interests, and readiness levels
- Helping teachers use classroom assessment to guide instruction
- Improving math teaching practices through teacher professional development and analysis of student work
Whether you're working with an established math curriculum or rethinking your whole approach, here's an opportunity to see where your program stands in the context of current trends. (ASCD E-Book, 2006) Downloadable PDF File.
PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here.