Back to Results Now: How We Can Achieve Unprecedented Improvements in Teaching and Learning (EBOOK)
What would make a good school even better and great schools the norm? School improvement expert Mike Schmoker answers that question and describes a sure and fast route to immensely better schools in any kind of community. Using research evidence, case studies, and anecdotes from all kinds of schools, this book identifies the most pervasive obstacles to school improvement:
- What blocks educators from seeing how much better their schools could be.
- Why teacher isolation is an enemy of improvement.
- What prevents leaders from having much influence on the quality of instruction.
Discover how your school can exceed expectations, swiftly reduce achievement gaps, and enhance the lifetime learning of all your students by concentrating on what really counts:
- The simple actions that can swiftly and substantially improve education at the state, district, and school levels.
- The most powerful set of structures and practices for improving instruction in any school.
- The importance of focusing instruction on strategic reading, guided writing, and argumentative literacy.
(ASCD E-Book, 2011) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here.