Back to The Essentials of Science, Grades K-6 (Priorities in Practice series) (EBOOK)
Prepare your school's science program for stricter new learning objectives and performance goals with the program ideas and practices in this grade K-6 volume of Priorities in Practice: The Essentials of Science
. Examples from schools and classrooms, interviews with award-winning elementary science teachers and science education experts, and recent research findings provide you with lots of ideas for bringing your program up to the latest trends, such as
- Aligning curriculum to state standards by using backward design
- Creating kit-based curriculums that result in hands-on learning experiences tailored to state standards
- Using formative assessment techniques to determine what students know before and after every lesson and unit
- Infusing meaning into science lessons with inquiry-based approaches
- Increasing English language learners' understanding of science
- Creating professional development experiences that introduce elementary teachers to new content and build their confidence in teaching science
(ASCD E-Book, 2006) Downloadable PDF File.
PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here.