Back to Mobilizing the Community to Help Students Succeed (EBOOK)
All of the ideas and advice you can get on research-based school improvement don't matter if your community does not address norms that discourage and dishonor academic achievement. Fortunately, here's a book with lots of successful examples from real schools that shows how educators can collaborate with others to reverse poor motivation, reward student success, and realize higher achievement in even the most challenged school districts. Author Hugh B. Price shares the lessons learned during his tenure as president of the National Urban League and explains
- How to enlist businesses and other community partners for both financial support and volunteer help
- Why to set up programs that honor student achievement year-round
- How to maximize your use of the media to publicize student accomplishments
- Why initiatives such as community-based honor societies, parades, and rallies motivate students
- How to include parents in motivational efforts to rekindle students' natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
(ASCD E-Book, 2011) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here. Be sure to watch the video interview!