Back to Changing the Way You Teach, Improving the Way Students Learn (EBOOK)
Two experienced teacher educators describe a framework for effective teaching that can be applied in any subject area and grade level. Their detailed review of the structures, processes, and content of effective practice provides you with lots of practical tips you can use right away, including
- How to teach both the depth and the breadth of your curriculum.
- Five types of questions that engage and support student learning.
- Examples of formative and summative assessments that help you establish an effective monitoring system.
- How to use rubrics, checklists, and point systems to convey your expectations.
- Four types of scaffolding techniques that help you create more paths to understanding of new content.
- Best ways to organize student portfolios so they document and promote student learning.
- Five learning-to-learn skills that help students become more strategic thinkers.
PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
(ASCD E-Book, 2009) Downloadable PDF file. Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To purchase the hard copy version of this book, please click here.