Back to The Language-Rich Classroom: A Research-based Framework for Teaching English Language Learners (EBOOK)
Because it takes more than just a single teacher—or group of teachers—to raise the academic achievement of English language learners (ELLs), you need this book’s schoolwide framework to help all ELLs reach their full potential. Discover a way to empower all teachers—even those with no formal training in ESL—with a research-based approach that includes
- Content reading strategies that help ELLs overcome the challenges of academic reading.
- Ways to develop the higher-order thinking skills of ELLs, so they read for deeper meaning and demonstrate their understandings.
- Tools for informally assessing the progress of ELLs through all five stages of language proficiency.
- Techniques for increasing the active participation of ELLs.
- Scaffolds that help second-language learners take on more challenging and demanding content.
To help teachers use this framework right away, the authors include lots of field-tested unit and lesson planning worksheets, assessment logs, and instructional steps. (ASCD E-Book, 2009) Downloadable PDF file.
Please note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this book, please click here.
PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.