Back to Motivating Black Males to Achieve in School and in Life (EBOOK)
If you’ve ever been uncertain about what to do about the chronic achievement gap between black males and other student populations, then here’s a book that will forever change your approach to these students and equip you with a whole new plan for motivating black males to achieve in school and in life. Award-winning educator and author Baruti K. Kafele draws from his 20 years of experience in teaching black males and turning around troubled urban schools to explain
- Why the challenges of educating black male students are different from educating other student populations.
- What all black male students need in their classroom experiences.
- How to assess your own attitudes and abilities to educate black males.
- Which major problems outside of school could change the way you teach black males.
- How to address the root causes of black male self-identity.
- Why and how to develop a young men’s empowerment program.
Understand why lack of proficiency in reading, writing, and math among black males is a symptom of deeper problems that are generally ignored. And discover solutions that you can put into your daily practice right away to improve the performance of black male students.
(ASCD E-Book, 2008) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Please note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this book, please click here.