Back to Becoming a Great High School: 6 Strategies and 1 Attitude That Make a Difference (EBOOK)
If your high school is like most others, you're under way more pressure to improve graduation rates, close achievement gaps, and teach 21st century knowledge and skills. Here's a book that helps you rise to the challenge with a comprehensive, practical, and research-based model that has a proven track record. Drawing from his 26 years of experience, award-winning former principal Tim R. Westerberg explains how any high school can improve by
- Eliminating general and remedial tracks.
- Providing students the support they need to meet college- and career-prep standards.
- Ending curriculum anarchy with clear instructional goals at classroom and school levels.
- Focusing teachers collectively on research-based instructional practices.
- Implementing formative assessments and student interventions that lead to higher achievement.
Discover lots of proven strategies that have helped real high schools reach the next level, including
- A six-step process for creating more rigorous curriculum.
- Creative ways to increase time for teachers to collaborate on instruction.
- Five common grading practices that should be eliminated.
- Four ways to capitalize on the potential of effective feedback.
- Why and how to communicate students’ progress graphically.
(ASCD E-Book, 2009) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this book, please click here.