Back to Results: The Key to Continuous School Improvement, 2nd edition (EBOOK)
Foreward by Michael Fullan
How do you know if your school is improving? Do you know what really works in reading, writing, math, or science programs? How do we measure what works? What about teaching to the test or to the vast array of standards being mandated? How do we effectively use cooperative learning, direct instruction, and alternative assessment? How do we sustain school reform? How do we get results and measure them in terms of student achievement?
In this expanded second edition of Results, Mike Schmoker answers these and other questions by focusing on student learning. Teachers and administrators can surpass the community's expectations and facilitate great improvements in student learning by setting goals, working collaboratively, and keeping track of student-achievement data from many sources.
Through hundreds of up-to-date examples, Schmoker shows how to achieve and celebrate both short- and long-term success. Results: The Key to Continuous School Improvement, 2nd Edition, includes the following:
- Foreword by Michael Fullan.
- New Preface to the second edition by the author.
- New information about cooperative learning, direct instruction, standards and assessments, and research and development.
- New examples of successful schools.
- New educational research by Michael Fullan, Robert J. Marzano, Linda Darling-Hammond, Bruce Joyce, Dennis Sparks, Linda Lambert, and Richard Dufour, among others.
- New information on action research by teachers and administrators and other effective staff development initiatives.
- New emphasis on how to cultivate teacher leaders.
(ASCD E-Book, 1999) Downloadable PDF File.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this title, please click here.