Back to Classroom Management: Managing Challenging Behavior, 2nd Edition (Reimagined) [PDO]
Even the most experienced of teachers will struggle when students present behaviors that are disruptive, disrespectful, and potentially dangerous. These behaviors manifest themselves differently from student to student, and can often leave a teacher and other students anxiously looking for answers for how to restore order to the classroom and make it a productive, safe learning environment. In PD Online course Classroom Management: Managing Challenging Behavior, you’ll investigate the various characteristics of effective classroom management, classroom management models and tools, challenging behaviors, how to build positive relationships with students that’ll have an effect on their behavior, and how to prepare students to become sufficient 21st century learners.
- Understand the characteristics of effective classroom management.
- Explain strategies for effective classroom management implementation.
- Compare and contrast current practices with other management practices.
- Examine various contemporary models of classroom management.
- Integrate new management strategy into daily practice.
- Recognize and understand the cause(s) of challenging behavior.
- Determine appropriate responses and curricular adjustments to challenging behavior.
- Describe the importance of creating and sustaining a positive relationship with students.
- Apply relationship-building strategies that work with a diverse student body.
- Have a firm understanding of what is expected of 21st century educators and students.
- Understand the role technologies play in preparing students for college and career.
(ASCD PD Online course, 2013) Self-paced asynchronous online course. Upon completion, learners will be awarded an ASCD Certificate worth up to 20 Clock Hours.