Back to Embracing Diversity: Global Education, 2nd Edition (Reimagined) [PDO]
In Embracing Diversity: Global Education, you’ll develop an understanding of the role of global awareness as an important skill for students in the 21st century. Through video examples, in-depth readings, and problem-solving activities, you’ll learn various ways to infuse global awareness into your lessons, school activities, and community connections and make global connections through technology.
- Define global awareness.
- Explore differences between global and multicultural education.
- Connect family values, early experiences, culture, and educational experiences with developing a personal worldview.
- Explore curricula related to global awareness.
- Integrate global awareness into a lesson or unit.
- Analyze the role of critical thinking in developing global perspectives.
- Develop activities and strategies that promote critical thinking.
- Identify the role interdisciplinary learning experiences can play in helping students develop 21st century skills and global perspectives.
- Design an authentic learning project or performance assessment involving elements of global awareness.
- Identify the importance of community connections in providing students with global perspectives.
- Adapt lessons to create community connections.
- Identify the role technology can play in maintaining global connections.
- Incorporate technology into lesson planning to create global connections.
(ASCD PD Online course, 2011) Self-paced asynchronous online course. Upon completion, learners will be awarded an ASCD Certificate worth up to 20 Clock Hours.