Back to Assessment: Designing Performance Assessments, 2nd Edition (Reimagined) [PDO]
This course makes connections between student motivation and types of assessment used in the classroom. It also covers how to unpack learning standards and benchmarks, so that all assessment yields information about student progress and mastery of instructional goals. Performance assessment can be designed in a multitude of ways, in which both students and teachers can work together to determine the best product or performance to exemplify student understanding, knowledge, and ability to use what they’ve learned.
- Analyze how student motivation can affect and influence assessment results.
- Compare the uses of different types of assessment.
- Analyze the elements of performance assessment.
- Evaluate assessments for authenticity, rigor, and relevance.
- Identify elements of learning standards that can best be assessed using performance assessment.
- Unpack learning standards to isolate discrete required skills, knowledge, and understandings.
- Analyze different types of feedback that support ongoing learning.
- Design rubrics for assessing performance tasks.
- Compare and contrast different types of performance assessment tasks.
- Design performance tasks to address a variety of assessment needs.
- Understand how to tailor performance assessments to meet the needs of different student groups.
- Differentiate performance tasks to meet the needs of different student groups.
(ASCD PD Online course, 2011) Self-paced asynchronous online course. Upon completion, learners will be awarded an ASCD Certificate worth up to 20 Clock Hours.