Back to Trauma-Invested Practices to Meet Students’ Needs (Quick Reference Guide)
This quick reference guide from Kristin Van Marter Souers and Pete Hall, authors of Fostering Resilient Learners and Relationship, Responsibility, and Regulation, introduces the new three Rs of education: relationship, responsibility, and regulation. These three Rs will support teachers in designing interventions aimed at meeting four areas of student need: emotional, relational, physical, and control.
The guide includes
- The difference between need and behavior
- The most common needs we see students expressing
- 6 steps to reaching students
- 7 key things to remember when addressing student needs
- 10 recommended things the brain needs to be healthy
The guide’s many strategies will help K–12 teachers learn more about their students, uncover unmet needs, and build trauma-invested environments.
(ASCD Quick Reference Guide, 2019) 8 1/2" x 11", 3-panel foldout guide (6 pages), laminated for extra durability and 3-hole-punched for binder storage
Note: The shrink-wrapped 25-packs have been discontinued.