This quick reference guide from Kristin Van Marter Souers and Pete Hall, authors of Fostering Resilient Learners and Relationship, Responsibility, and Regulation, introduces the new three Rs of education: relationship, responsibility, and regulation. These three Rs will support teachers in designing interventions aimed at meeting four areas of student need: emotional, relational, physical, and control.
The guide includes
- The difference between need and behavior
- The most common needs we see students expressing
- 6 steps to reaching students
- 7 key things to remember when addressing student needs
- 10 recommended things the brain needs to be healthy
The guide’s many strategies will help K–12 teachers learn more about their students, uncover unmet needs, and build trauma-invested environments.
(ASCD Quick Reference Guide, 2019) 8 1/2" x 11", 3-panel foldout guide (6 pages), laminated for extra durability and 3-hole-punched for binder storage
Note: The shrink-wrapped 25-packs have been discontinued.