Back to Multiple Intelligences: Strengthening Your Teaching, 2nd Edition (Reimagined) [PDO]
In Multiple Intelligences: Strengthening Your Teaching; An ASCD PD Online Course®, you’ll explore the theory and application of Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligences (MI) for the 21st century classroom. Through videos, in-depth readings, and applications, you’ll assess your own strengths and weaknesses, learn tools for assessing your students, and explore specific ideas and techniques for supporting MI in classroom curriculum and activities.
- Summarize the characteristics of each of Gardner’s eight intelligences.
- Observe and record expressions of MI.
- Articulate the concepts of MI theory to students.
- Implement techniques for building metacognition of MI use through activities.
- Identify the benefits of unlocking objectives using MI theory.
- Brainstorm ways for teaching an objective using more than one of the intelligences.
- Identify tools to assess an MI-centered project.
- Use a rubric to assess an MI project or activity.
- Understand that MI theory offers an approach through which any skill, content area, theme, or instructional objective can be addressed.
- Develop strategies—one for each intelligence—to integrate into a lesson plan that you use frequently.
- Understand the skills that are critical for students to learn to thrive in an ever-changing 21st century.
- Judge your instructional styles and determine ways to prepare students for living in the 21st century.
(ASCD PD Online course, 2011) Self-paced asynchronous online course. Upon completion, learners will be awarded an ASCD Certificate worth up to 20 Clock Hours.