Back to Technology in Schools: A Balanced Perspective, 2nd Edition (Reimagined) [PDO]
In Technology in Schools: A Balanced Perspective: An ASCD PD Online Course®, you will learn about the challenges and benefits of incorporating technology into instruction. You will discover engaging and meaningful ways to encourage proper technology integration in schools and work toward increasing access for all students. You will also examine the importance of helping students and their families think critically about the role technology plays in their daily lives.
- Examine the pros and cons of integrating technology in education.
- Evaluate the positives and negatives of using technology in specific classroom settings.
- Develop strategies for bridging the digital divide in specific teaching situations.
- Identify ways to overcome technological inequalities between students and teachers, among students, and between students and parents.
- Develop strategies for incorporating technology in the classroom for collaboration and relationship building.
- Identify the ways technology can be used to promote collaboration among students and between students and teachers.
- Establish strategies to incorporate technology in classroom and homework activities to differentiate instruction.
- Identify how technology how can be effectively used to differentiate instruction and to provide students with authentic, meaningful, and engaging learning activities.
- Develop effective strategies for teaching students balanced, responsible use of technology, as well as the critical thinking skills necessary to use technology effectively.
- Realize that although many students may be proficient technology users, they may lack the critical thinking skills necessary to use it efficiently and appropriately.
- Develop strategies for helping students use multitasking skills appropriately to enhance learning—as well as help them develop the ability to focus in depth on complex tasks.
- Understand the effects that overexposure to technology can have on the psychological and physical health of students.
(ASCD PD Online course, 2011) Self-paced asynchronous online course. Upon completion, learners will be awarded an ASCD Certificate worth up to 20 Clock Hours.