Back to The Art and Science of Teaching (Reimagined) [PDO]
In The Art and Science of Teaching, Robert Marzano leads you on an exploration of the research behind effective classroom instruction as well practical ways to put the research to work in the classroom. Using the strategies presented in the course, you'll be better equipped to meet the diverse needs of your students.
- Consider how to establish and communicate learning goals, track student progress, and celebrate student academic success.
- Develop classroom rules and procedures to ensure uninhibited teaching and learning.
- Evaluate the reasons and methods for helping students effectively interact with new knowledge.
- Analyze techniques that allow students to practice and deepen their understanding of new knowledge.
- Recognize methods for helping students generate and test hypotheses about new knowledge.
- Understand the role of effective student engagement in the classroom.
- Recognize and acknowledge methods for tracking student adherence (and lack of adherence) to classroom rules and procedures.
- Evaluate techniques for maintaining effective relationships with students
- Understand how to critique your current student expectations and how to communicate high expectations for all students.
- Use the design questions to develop effective lessons organized in curriculum units.
(ASCD PD Online course, 2014) Self-paced asynchronous online course. Upon completion, learners will be awarded an ASCD Certificate worth up to 20 Clock Hours.