Back to How to Teach Now: Five Keys to Personalized Learning in the Global Classroom EBOOK
Despite all the diversity teachers face these days, there really is a clear pattern that helps you focus instruction, regardless of your students’ nationality, culture, religion, or gender. Here’s a book that reveals that pattern and explains how teachers operate at their most effective when they
- Know the individual student and personalize instruction to match each student’s needs.
- Ensure instruction considers the whole diverse community of students and prepares them for living and working together in our modern, complicated world.
Based on the wisdom of teachers at international schools, the authors outfit you with ideas and strategies for embracing the paradox of personalized learning in the global classroom, including
- Why and how to gather learning profile data on your students.
- What effect your own cultural frame can have on your teaching approach and how to uncover those effects.
- What and what not to personalize in your curriculum.
- How to focus inquiry on developing your students’ deep understandings.
- How to emphasize assessments that help students learn how to learn.
Discover an approach to teaching that welcomes your students’ diversity into the classroom, connects them to a globalized perspective of the world, and prepares them for the new world they are facing and its many challenges.
(ASCD E-Book, 2011) Downloadable PDF file.
Please note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this book, please click here.