Back to Transforming Professional Development into Student Results
Focusing on just three things—evidence of student learning, feedback on teacher and principal decisions, and depth of implementation—renowned author and thinker Douglas B. Reeves provides you with a blueprint for how to ensure professional development improves student learning. Find out
- Which ineffective professional development practices often get recycled through schools year after year.
- Why to move beyond the “train the trainer” model.
- How schools leaders spend too much energy, time, and money on the initial stages of implementation.
- Why elaborate planning documents and “brand-name” programs are not enough to achieve results.
Then, learn how educators at all levels can improve the results of professional development by taking a course of action that includes
- A dedicated team to research student learning problems.
- A concise action plan with a short list of priorities linked to learning goals.
- Formative assessments for teachers and administrators.
- Progress reports on student learning with actionable feedback to staff.
(ASCD Premium, Select, and Institutional Plus Member book, April 2010) 7" x 9", 160 pages.
Also available as an E-Book!