Back to Teaching the Core Skills of Listening and Speaking
Teaching students the listening and speaking skills they need to succeed in school and in life is more important than ever given new college and career standards. Learn how you meet those expectations across the curriculum with this practical book's classroom examples and specific activities. Veteran teacher Erik Palmer helps you address these language arts with strategies for teaching and assessing
- Speaking well in collaborative discussion and presentations.
- Listening effectively in oral and multimedia communications.
- Asking good questions and reasoning soundly.
- Incorporating multimedia and visual displays into presentations and reports.
- Adapting speaking styles to suit different occasions.
Understand the expectations in the Common Core’s listening and speaking standards. And explore an approach aligned to the six anchor standards focused on preparing students for 21st century communication. Filled with suggested activities for every grade level, this book is an essential resource for all teachers interested in helping students acquire core skills that cross the content areas and support long-term success.
(ASCD book, 2014) 6" x 9", 200 pages.