Back to Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World (EBOOK)
If you believe that an essential role of schooling is to prepare students to be successful in today's world, then here is a must-read book that makes a powerful case for why and how schools must overhaul, update, and breathe new life into the K–12 curriculum. World-renowned curriculum designer Heidi Hayes Jacobs leads an all-star cast of education thought leaders who explain
- Why K–12 curriculum has to change to reflect new technologies and a globalized world.
- What to keep, what to cut, and what to create to reflect 21st century learning skills.
- Where portfolios and new kinds of assessments fit into accountability mandates.
- How to improve your use of time and space and groupings of students and staff.
- What steps to take to help students gain a global perspective and develop the habits of mind they need to succeed in school, work, and life.
- How to re-engineer schools and teaching to engage and improve students' media literacy.
Here is your opportunity to get out in front of breakthrough ideas for educating a generation that you’ve been charged to nurture.
(ASCD E-Book, 2010) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this book, please click here.