Back to Education Unbound: The Promise and Practice of Greenfield Schooling (EBOOK)
If you’ve ever felt frustrated by excessive paperwork, complicated school policies, and bureaucratic rules that keep your school from doing its best work, then here’s a book that explains a different way to think about school administration. Author Frederick M. Hess introduces you to the concept of “greenfield schooling” and its potential to free-up schools to be more responsive to communities and kids. Pointing to examples of promising new models, the book explains how a break-the-mold approach to organizing and managing schools can
- Strip away barriers that impede new ventures and creative problem solving.
- Cultivate innovation from the ground up by unleashing the power of educational “entrepreneurship.”
- Expand accountability measurements beyond high-stakes tests to incorporate more valuable outcomes.
- Harness the power of new technologies to rethink learning environments and track teacher and student performance.
- Create teacher certification, hiring, and supervision policies that are conducive to success.
Instead of searching for a silver bullet or the “one, best” solution to school improvement, explore a vision for schooling based on starting over with a new infrastructure that encourages talented, motivated individuals to find alternative paths to better teaching and learning.
(ASCD E-Book, 2010) PDF e-book accompanied by bonus MOBI and EPUB files for use on e-book readers like the Kindle and the Nook. See the e-book FAQ link for information about device compatibility.
Please note: This is an electronic product, available for download only. To order the hard copy of this book, please click here.