Back to The Well-Balanced Teacher: How to Work Smarter and Stay Sane Inside the Classroom and Out
While there are already loads of books about how to deal with stress and take care of your health, at last here’s one that takes into account a teacher’s heavy workload and busy lifestyle. The author, an experienced teacher himself, avoids the blithe simplicity of typical “self-help” books to give you factual evidence, realistic steps, and straight-talk advice you can use immediately to
- Take better care of your basic needs, such as healthy food, hydration, sleep, exercise, and emotional and spiritual refreshment.
- Cultivate positive connections with other people, in and outside of school.
- Make a positive difference through your work while keeping your role and impact on your school in perspective.
- Keep the energy and passion for your work alive, even when things don’t go well.
- Create healthy routines for your work and your life outside of school.
So instead of always shoving your personal needs into the background, here’s your chance to address them head-on and do a better job for your students by taking better care of yourself.
(ASCD book, 2010) 7" x 9", 125 pages.
Also available as an E-Book!
Book reviews for The Well-Balanced Teacher: How to Work Smarter and Stay Sane Inside the Classroom and Out
“After Anderson backs up all of these ideas with some truly wonderful research, he then starts to unwrap them one at a time and gives several, yes SEVERAL, different methods of application for each… A perfect read!”
—Paula Kay Glass, Educator, Atlanta, GA This review first appeared in The Educator’s Room blog.