Back to The New Principal's Fieldbook: Strategies for Success
Any principal starting at a new school or taking a leadership position for the first time needs this book to help focus on the issues that are most critical to success. Drawing from research data and advice from experienced principals, the authors reveal secrets that can make or break a new school leader's career:
- Three stages of becoming socialized to a new school environment.
- First steps to "reading" a school culture and shaping its learning environment.
- Guidelines for determining whether students are engaged in quality work.
- Ideas for getting teachers more involved in meaningful professional development.
- Strategies for setting priorities, streamlining tasks, cutting through red tape, and protecting classroom time.
- Tips on balancing personal and professional lives.
Checklists and assessment tools help new and aspiring leaders analyze their strengths and weaknesses, prepare for the unexpected, and see how strategies from the book can work in specific situations. (ASCD book, 2004) 6" x 9", 305 pages. Also available as an eBook!