Back to A Handbook for Classroom Management that Works
Use this handbook in self-help, study group, and teacher workshop situations to implement the research-based classroom management practices from the ASCD best-seller Classroom Management That Works. The authors guide you through the classroom management approaches that support higher student achievement and provide you with hundreds of classroom-proven strategies and recommendations for
- Establishing basic rules and procedures.
- Using effective discipline and consequences.
- Creating positive teacher-student relationships.
- Exhibiting a sound mental set for difficult situations.
- Making students responsible for classroom management.
- Dealing with schoolwide management issues.
Questionnaires, discussion topics, case studies, and self-assessments help you see how and when to apply the best approach for a positive achievement gain in any grade level.
(ASCD book, 2005) 8 1/2" x 11", 168 pages.