Back to From Standards to Success: A Guide for School Leaders
Although traditional approaches, such as curriculum alignment and textbook adoption, can help you see whether your school is covering required curriculum, they don't do anything to integrate content standards into teaching and raise expectations about student achievement. That's why you need this book's comprehensive process for standards implementation.
From lesson planning to professional development programming, Mark R. O'Shea provides you with a thorough guide to realizing the promise of standards-based education. Discover the Standards Achievement Planning Cycle and how it helps your school
- Identify and analyze which standards are most important.
- Select curriculum materials and resources that align to standards.
- Provide instructional planning time and strategies for teachers.
- Create a benchmark-testing program.
- Design professional development that prepares teachers and administrators for new roles and responsibilities.
Checklists at the end of each chapter highlight best practices, and sample lessons show how to plan curriculum that enables students to meet state achievement targets and adequate yearly progress.
(ASCD Premium and Select Member book, 2005) 6" x 9", 162 pages. Also available as an e-book!