Back to The Educator's Guide to Preventing and Solving Discipline Problems
Because you're unlikely to find the one approach that works for every ill-disciplined student and misbehaving class, this book gives you a comprehensive reference of strategies for preventing and solving discipline problems.
The authors--two former teachers and principals--cover virtually every aspect of effective discipline systems, including
- Crucial components of classroom discipline
- Universal techniques for teachers
- Buildingwide philosophies and methods of discipline
Whether you're new to your job or an old-hand--and regardless of your grade level or subject--you'll find lots of ideas you can use right away, such as
- Effective strategies for "fence rider kids" whose behavior is most apt to be influenced by discipline policies
- A "response hierarchy" for dealing with the inevitable classroom disruptions
- Can't-miss approaches for bullies and students with anger management issues or ADHD
- The best ways to deal with major rule violations
(ASCD Premium and Select Member book, 2005) 6" x 9", 177 pages.
Also available as an eBook!